Some of the most famous and influential Philosophers of all time including Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle were from the ancient Greek world. Here are some of the great quotes and their originators:
- Time is the wisest of all things that are; for it brings everything to light.
~ Thales (624 BC – 546 BC)
- The oldest, shortest words — “yes” and “no” are those which require the most thought.
~ Pythagoras (570 BC to 495 BC)
- There Is Nothing Permanent Except Change.
~ Heraclitus (535 BC – 475 BC)
- Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.
~ Socrates (470 BC to 399 BC)
- For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories.
~ Plato (427 BC to 347 BC)
- I have often repented speaking, but never of holding my tongue.
~ Xenocrates (396 BC – 314 BC)
- It is our choice of good or evil that determines our character, not our opinion about good or evil.
~ Aristotle (384 BC to 322 BC)
- Not what we have But what we enjoy, constitutes our abundance.
~ Epicurus (341 BC – 270 BC)
- Know how to listen, and you will profit even from those who talk badly.
~ Plutarch (AD 46 – AD 120)
- No man is free who is not master of himself.
~ Epictetus (50 AD – 135 AD)